PhD student, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
I am a third-year PhD student in the Department of Informatics, with a background of Mathematics. My research interest lies in the intersection of human-centered AI and information visualization. Currently, I am working on visual analytic for ranking interpretation on high-stake decision-making; adapting Learning-to-rank for fairness, accountability, and transparency; scientific communication subjectivity and sentiment analysis.
- Data Science Intern, Natural Language Processing Summer2020&21
- Trained topic models and subjectivity models on COVID news and tweets data.
- Developed annotation guidelines and collaborated with a team of four annotators.
- Discovered topic clustering and temporal trends on social media.
NJIT's Intelligible Information Visualization Lab (NiiV), Newark, NJ
- Visual analytics for ranking (Learning-to-rank) interpretation Spring2019-Present
- Developed visual analytic workflow and interface to explain ranking models and help stakeholders draw actionable insights.
- Designed Learning-to-rank metrics for human-in-the-loop model training and evaluation.
- Subjectivity analysis for scientific communication Spring2021-Present
- Developed subjectivity analysis workflow on COVID-related scientific communication.
- Designed procedure for subjectivity judgment user experimentation.
- Enrollment visualization for College of Computing Fall2020-Present
- Developed data mapping and augmentation rules in Python.
- Designed Tableau visualization for administrators' strategic planning.
New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ
- PhD student (advisor: Dr. Aritra Dasgupta) in Informatics Spring2019–Present
Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- MSc in Mathematical Sciences (Statistics emphasis) Fall2015-Fall2018
Hangzhou Dianzi University, Hangzhou, China
- BSc in Mathematics and Applied Mathematics Fall2010-Spring2014
- Vice President for Finance, Graduate Student Association, NJIT, 2020-21
- Vice President for Programming, Graduate Student Association, NJIT, 2019-20
- NSF-REU Summer Research Program, NJIT, 2019
- MATH1010 (Essential Math for the Informed Society), Clemson, 2017-18
- STAT8010 Lab (Statistical Method I), Clemson, 2017